Five-Topping Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon each poppy seeds, sesame seeds and caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, butter, egg yolk, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into two round loaves. Place each on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Beat egg white and water; brush over loaves.
- Combine the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, caraway seeds, onion and remaining salt; sprinkle over loaves. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (10 wedges each).
Reviews for Five-Topping Bread(7)
Sort By :
Everybody loves it.
My husband loved it and I already asking when I'll make it again.
Just made this bread last evening and it is almost gone. we loved it
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
My 5 1/2 year old likes the seasoning on top. tastes great for leftover roast beef sanwiches.
I have made this multiple times for my family and 2 loaves don't last very long! Very delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >