Five Star Brownies Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Beat in butter and shortening until smooth. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; pour batter into pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift brownies out of pan. Discard foil. Cut brownies with a 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter or into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Five Star Brownies
Sort By :
"These turn out perfectly every time. Have not used another recipe in about 15 years after finding this one."
"I've made these two times. There are never any leftovers!"
"Used to make brownie sundaes....so good!"
"These are dense and fudgy and rich. My declared them 'very chocolately'."
"These are easy and yummy. The only downside is that the dough was a bit thicker than I'm used to and they turned out a bit drier than I like (I like my brownies gooey). Next time I'll try taking them out of the oven at 20-25 minutes."