Five-Spice Tuna Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place tuna on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 tuna steak equals 230 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Five-Spice Tuna
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.