- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tuna on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Five-Spice Tuna
Sort By :
Didn't change any ingredients, but I grilled the tuna steaks instead of broiling them. I served the tuna steaks with the suggested Broccoli Salad and Barley Pilaf with Bacon. We enjoyed the combination of flavors very much.
I made this with boneless pork loin chops and it is was fantastic.