Five-Spice Chicken Wings
Bird is the word when it comes to these wings. They’re baked to a perfect golden brown and hum with mild, delicious Asian spices. Thanks to an overnight marinade, the chicken inside stays tender while the skin maintains that signature crunch. —Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or additional soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 medium limes, cut into wedges
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections.
- Combine the onions, chili sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic,
- sugar and five-spice powder in a large resealable plastic bag. Add
- wings; seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place wings in a greased 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink, turning
- every 10 minutes. Squeeze lime wedges over wings. Yield: about 3
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer