Frozen pound cake, pudding mix and whipped topping make this trifle easy to assemble…and true to its name. Any type of cake can be used. Then add your favorite berries or fruit and any flavor of pudding. Chocolate cake, canned cherry filling and chocolate pudding make it a Black Forest variation that’s delicious.—Julia Trachsel, Victoria, British Columbia
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- Whipped topping and additional raspberries
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut the cake into 1-in. cubes; place in a 2-qt. glass bowl. Top with raspberries and pudding. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with whipped topping and additional raspberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Five-Minute Trifle in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p7
Reviews for Five-Minute Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2014
"Made this trifle for some friends a couple of months ago. They liked it so well that I'm going to make it again, to take to a cookout tomorrow."
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2012
"Outstanding! Neighbors loved it!"