Five-Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh cantaloupe
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, onion, kiwi, orange, peppers and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or
- 2. overnight.
- 3. For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the tortillas. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or just until crisp.
- 4. Just before serving, drain salsa if desired. Stir in strawberries.
- 5. Serve fruit salsa with cinnamon chips. Yield: 8 cups.
One serving (1/2 cup salsa with 5 chips) equals 150 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.