- 2 cups chopped fresh cantaloupe
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, onion, kiwi, orange, peppers and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or
- For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the tortillas. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or just until crisp.
- Just before serving, drain salsa if desired. Stir in strawberries.
- Serve fruit salsa with cinnamon chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Five-Fruit Salsa(4)
Sort By :
I forgot to add in my review last year...I used 1 cup of fresh chopped pineapple. Makes all the difference!
I have made this recipe many times, and lmmick is right! It is addicting. It can even be eaten with a fork as a side salad. YUM YUM!!
Made this a few times, is so good, you don't even need the yummy chips. Have given the recipe to several people, beware: it is addicting!!
wouldn't it be great to find a way to can these so all you have to do is open a jar when you need it?
any ideas how?
Healthy cooking keep coming!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fruit Salsa Recipe >
- Jalapeno Salsa Recipe >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salsa Recipes >