Five-Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe
These yummy stuffed pasta shells will make any luncheon special, assures Wendy Lee Guerin of Fridley, Minnesota. "I experimented with various cheeses, herbs and spices until I found that just-right blend. Try adding chopped walnuts for extra protein and a little crunch."
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups cooked chopped spinach
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the next 11 ingredients; spoon into shells.
- Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour spaghetti sauce over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Five-Cheese Stuffed Shells in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p12
Reviews for Five-Cheese Stuffed Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2013
"My son is a vegetarian and he loves this dish, I have made it multiple time and its a favorite in our family. Only way to get spinach in my sons diet."