Five-Cheese Spinach & Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Drain peppers, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid; chop peppers. Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid; coarsely chop artichokes.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine spinach, cheeses, basil, onion, mayonnaise, garlic, artichoke hearts and peppers. Stir in reserved pepper and artichoke liquids. Cook, covered, on high 2 hours.
- 3. Stir dip; cook, covered, 30-60 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir before serving; serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
1/4 cup (calculated without crackers): 197 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Five-Cheese Spinach & Artichoke Dip
"I made this on the stove so it would go faster. Tasted really good, but made way too much for us. Would be good for pot-luck or for a group."
"Makes too much and doesn't keep well."
"This is the best dip I have ever made, it is now a tradtion for me to make this every holiday. Serv it right from the slow cooker."
"I served this at a family reunion party. Rather worried as this is East Texas, but went over like a house on fire. The crock pot was scraped!"
"can you bake in the oven, and if so, what temperature and how long?"