Five-Cheese Mushroom Ravioli Recipe
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup Galbani® Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 4 cups refrigerated Alfredo sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella, provolone, Romano and ricotta cheeses. Stir in the mushroom mixture.
- 2. Spoon 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper. (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) With water, moisten all the wonton dough around the mushroom filling. Top with another wonton wrapper; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and mushroom mixture.
- 3. In a large freezer container, place ravioli in a single layer; separate each layer with waxed paper. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen ravioli: Bring a large saucepan or Dutch oven of water and remaining oil to a boil. Add ravioli in batches. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 6-8 minutes or until ravioli are tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 5. Serve with warmed Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ravioli with 1/2 cup sauce equals 634 calories, 47 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,734 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.