I bet you won't even miss the meat in these scrumptious portobello ravioli. Actual number of raviolis might change, depending on how much filling you used in each. You can also add any type of cooked meat or sausage to the sauce for a heartier dish.—Karlyn Behnke, Litchfield, Minnesota
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 4 cups refrigerated Alfredo sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella, provolone, Romano and ricotta cheeses. Stir in the mushroom mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper. (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) With water, moisten all the wonton dough around the mushroom filling. Top with another wonton wrapper; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and mushroom mixture.
- In a large freezer container, place ravioli in a single layer; separate each layer with waxed paper. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen ravioli: Bring a large saucepan or Dutch oven of water and remaining oil to a boil. Add ravioli in batches. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 6-8 minutes or until ravioli are tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Serve with warmed Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Five-Cheese Mushroom Ravioli in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Five-Cheese Mushroom Ravioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review