I prepared this for a Cub Scout banquet. It was easy since there was nothing to do at the last minute but cut and serve. It was a big success.—Todd Newman, La Porte, Texas
- 6 packages (16 ounces each) lasagna noodles
- 10 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 10 medium onions, chopped
- 30 garlic cloves, minced
- 11 cans (29 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup dried basil
- 3 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 6 cartons (32 ounces each) Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 10 pounds shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 cartons (8 ounces each) grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 blocks (5 ounces each) Romano cheese, grated
- 10 packages (6 ounces each) sliced provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a stockpot, cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes; rinse in cold water and drain.
- In several large skillets, cook sausage onions until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes.
- Grease ten 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In each dish, layer with about 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, four noodles, about 1-1/4 cups ricotta, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, about 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup Romano and three slices provolone. Repeat layers. Top with four noodles, about 1-1/2 cups of tomato sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and about 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 120-150 servings.
Originally published as Five-Cheese Lasagna in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p54
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Five-Cheese Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2009
"Made this for my daughters wedding in 7/08, I am still getting compliments to this date."