- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Five-Bean Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p48
Reviews for Five-Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2015
"Only rating low because I haven't made this recipe. My go-to calls for 5 of any kind of beans except baked beans, and includes 1/2c vinegar,1/4c. oil,1/3c. sugar,2 tbs. parlsey flakes,1tbs. each basil and tarragon.It's a recipe from a friend when we were based in Quebec way back in the early 60s. Been a family favourite since."