"A friend at work shared some of his fresh catch prepared in this simple way," recalls Bruce Headley, Greenwood, Missouri. "After one bite, I knew it was the best fried fish I'd ever tasted. Whenever I catch bass, crappie or bluegill, my wife uses this recipe. The fillets come out moist and not fishy-tasting. Our family won't eat fish any other way."
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 6 bluegill or perch fillets (2 to 3 ounces each)
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- Vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and 2 teaspoon lemon-pepper. Dip fillets
- in egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle with
- remaining lemon-pepper. In a skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Fry
- fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 151 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.