Fisherman's Crispy Coating Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 walleye or other whitefish fillets (1-3/4 to 2 pounds)
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cereal, flour, cornmeal and seasonings. Dip the fish fillets into egg mixture, then coat with cereal mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium-high heat. Fry the fillets for 5-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fisherman's Crispy Coating
"I love this versatile coating. Love the lemon pepper in it."
"I really enjoyed this coating on my trout last night. I usually don't fry things but must have done something right as it didn't come out a bit greasy. Made it gluten free by using brown rice flour (along with brown rice krispies). I will definitely make this again and may try a baked version soon. Thanks bunches Tammi!"
"A simple, good coating for any fish. easy to tailor to individual tastes (I added cayenne pepper instead of lemon-pepper)."