Fish with Florentine Rice
A handful of ingredients is all you'll need to prepare Margrit Eagen's speedy skillet supper. "The entire dinner cooks in one pan and eliminates the hassle of breading and frying the fish," reports the Crestwood, Missouri reader.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 pound orange roughy or tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute rice mix
- in butter. Add the water, spinach and contents of seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Top
- with the fish fillets.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One fillet with about 3/4 cup rice mixture equals 352 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 878 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.