Fish with Florentine Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 pound orange roughy or tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter. Add the water, spinach and contents of seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Top with the fish fillets.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fish with Florentine Rice
Sort By :
Pretty mild dish, I might add some seasoning to the fish or maybe use a different "rice mix," i.e., Rice-A-Roni flavor. The rice mix was a little smushy, I would try simmering it just a little less before adding the fish. Quick and easy to make, though.