Fish with Florentine Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 pound orange roughy or tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter. Add the water, spinach and contents of seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Top with the fish fillets.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish with Florentine Rice(1)
Sort By :
Pretty mild dish, I might add some seasoning to the fish or maybe use a different "rice mix," i.e., Rice-A-Roni flavor. The rice mix was a little smushy, I would try simmering it just a little less before adding the fish. Quick and easy to make, though.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >