Fish with Cucumber-Orange Relish
“Here’s a great low-fat entree that’s quick and easy,” promises Amy Bauer of Griffith, Indiana. The relish stars tart cucumbers and mandarin oranges over tasty orange roughy. “It’s turned my family of fish haters into fish lovers overnight,” Amy enthuses.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 orange roughy fillets (5 ounces each)
- For relish, in a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set
- aside. Combine salt and pepper; sprinkle over fillets. Place on a
- broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat
- for 9-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Use a
- slotted spoon to serve relish with the fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fish fillet with 1/2 cup relish equals 148 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon