“Here’s a great low-fat entree that’s quick and easy,” promises Amy Bauer of Griffith, Indiana. The relish stars tart cucumbers and mandarin oranges over tasty orange roughy. “It’s turned my family of fish haters into fish lovers overnight,” Amy enthuses.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 orange roughy fillets (5 ounces each)
- For relish, in a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Combine salt and pepper; sprinkle over fillets. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 9-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Use a slotted spoon to serve relish with the fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fish with Cucumber-Orange Relish in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish with Cucumber-Orange Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review