Fish with Cream Sauce Recipe
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds sole or haddock or grouper
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast bread cubes in butter until golden brown; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add fish, one fillet at a time; shake to coat.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Slowly pour milk over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Spoon sour cream over fillets. Top with the reserved bread cubes. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 509 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Fish with Cream Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.