Fish with Cream Sauce Recipe
This recipe is the easy entree to prepare when you want something nutritious and quick for your family. Even people who don't like fish enjoy this satisfying dish. A sour cream sauce complements the mild-flavored fish.Tiffany Taylor, St. Petersburg, Florida
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds sole or haddock or grouper
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast bread cubes in butter until golden brown; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add fish, one fillet at a time; shake to coat.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Slowly pour milk over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon sour cream over fillets. Top with the reserved bread cubes. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fish with Cream Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish with Cream Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review