Fish Tacos Recipe
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- Place the sour cream, chilies, cilantro and lime juice in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- Cut each tilapia fillet lengthwise into two portions. Place the flour, egg white and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip tilapia in flour, then egg white, then crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook tilapia in oil in batches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over fish.
- Place a portion of fish on each tortilla; top with about 2 tablespoons of sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fish Tacos
Sort By :
These were very good. Will be making again! :)
Not my favorite...I thought the sauce overpowered the fish, or maybe the seasoning just wasn't enough. Either way, this didn't go over well at my house :(
My husband and I loved this recipe we have tried a few other fish taco recipes and this one by far is the best....
I made this for dinner tonight w/dolphin fish my husband caught & served black bean salsa w/it. Everything was exceptionally delicious! :)
My son eats fish all the time - but, I only serve him really mild fish such as tilapia. His favorite is made by coating both sides heavily with lemon juice, sprinkling with garlic salt and pepper (or Emirils Fish Seasoning) and then putting fresh parm on top, broil for about 10ish minutes. So easy, so delicious, and it never gets turned down!!