Fish Tacos Recipe
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1. Place the sour cream, chilies, cilantro and lime juice in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- 2. Cut each tilapia fillet lengthwise into two portions. Place the flour, egg white and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip tilapia in flour, then egg white, then crumbs.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook tilapia in oil in batches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over fish.
- 4. Place a portion of fish on each tortilla; top with about 2 tablespoons of sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
1 taco equals 196 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Fish Tacos
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.