- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound halibut or tilapia fillets
- 2 medium ripe avocados, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil and garlic. Add the halibut; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For sauce and salsa, peel and cube avocados. In a small bowl, mash 1/4 cup avocado. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients. Place remaining avocados in a small bowl; stir in the remaining salsa ingredients. Refrigerate sauce and salsa until serving.
- Drain fish and discard marinade. Broil halibut 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Place fish on the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1/4 cup cabbage, about 1 tablespoon sauce and 1/4 cup salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish Tacos with Avocado Sauce
"Better then in a restaurant! But you need cook fish tasty to make it delicious!."
"These are incredible! I can be pretty picky with fish tacos, most of which miss the mark at restaurants but these are absolutely amazing!"
"Restaurant quality, almost. The salsa and sauce were on point, and I used shredded iceberg lettuce in the stead of cabbage. If you used homemade tortillas the outcome would be much better, too. My family liked it."
"This is a restaurant quality meal. We eat the tacos in baby romaine leaves. Delicious!!"
"When my kids like it, I know it's good!"
"This will be my third time making these tacos. Easy to make, easy to eat. Tonight I'm trying Mahi Mahi instead of halibut."
"LOVE these tacos! So delicious!!!"
"This recipe was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!!!!"
"Loved these! I would make them again!"
"My husband and I loved this recipe, especially the avocado sauce. Neither of us are huge lemon fans, so I threw that out of the marinade and substitued some cajun seasoning instead, which gave the fish a little kick."