Fish Stick Supper Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen breaded fish sticks (about 18)
- 1. Break apart hash browns with a fork; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add minced onion, dill, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in hash browns and cheese. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; arrange fish sticks over the top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and fish flakes with a fork. Let casserole stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 351 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 186 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.