Make the most of convenient frozen fish sticks with these fun family-pleasing sandwiches from Cherie Durbin. "My mom whipped these up whenever she wanted fish in a hurry," writes the Hickory, North Carolina reader.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (11.4 ounces) frozen breaded fish sticks
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded lettuce, chopped onion and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter and lemon juice. Dip fish sticks in butter mixture. Place in a single layer in an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until crispy. Spread mayonnaise on bottom of buns; add fish sticks. Top with lettuce, onion and tomato if desired. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fish Stick Sandwiches in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p39
Reviews for Fish Stick Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review