This mild blend from Kayleen Nichols of Sterling, Virginia gives fish a lift but also adds interest to other meats and vegetables. "A neighbor whose husband was on a no-salt diet gave me this recipe over 20 years ago," Kayleen writes.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up
- to 6 months. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 teaspoon) equals 7 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.