This mild blend from Kayleen Nichols of Sterling, Virginia gives fish a lift but also adds interest to other meats and vegetables. "A neighbor whose husband was on a no-salt diet gave me this recipe over 20 years ago," Kayleen writes.
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Fish Seasoning in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p15
Reviews for Fish Seasoning
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2012
"excellent love the flavor combination."
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2011
"Keeper without any doubt."