Fish Sandwich Loaf Recipe
Roasted red peppers give this beautiful sandwich fantastic flavor. And don't worry, the fish is surprisingly mild, so kids won't be bothered by the spices.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 2 packages (7.6 ounces each) frozen Cajun blackened grilled fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, patted dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut the top half off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- 2. Microwave fish fillets according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine butter and garlic; spread over cut sides of bread. In bread bottom, layer fish, red peppers and cheese. Replace bread top.
- 3. Wrap loaf in foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC