Fish Sandwich Loaf Recipe
Roasted red peppers give this beautiful sandwich fantastic flavor. And don't worry, the fish is surprisingly mild, so kids won't be bothered by the spices.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 2 packages (7.6 ounces each) frozen Cajun blackened grilled fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, patted dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut the top half off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- 2. Microwave fish fillets according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine butter and garlic; spread over cut sides of bread. In bread bottom, layer fish, red peppers and cheese. Replace bread top.
- 3. Wrap loaf in foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Fish Sandwich Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC