"My family loves to camp and fish," shares Deana Brandenburg of Great Bend, Kansas. "We developed this different breading made with saltines and graham crackers to coat our 'catch of the day'. It fries to a tasty golden brown and has become a campground favorite."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds haddock or cod fillets
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers (about 16 squares)
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltines (about 25 crackers)
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut fish into 1-in. cubes; secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Combine cracker crumbs and seasoned salt in a shallow bowl; roll
- fish in crumb mixture until coated.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- nuggets, a few at a time, for 3 minutes or until browned. Drain on
- paper towels. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.