"My family loves to camp and fish," shares Deana Brandenburg of Great Bend, Kansas. "We developed this different breading made with saltines and graham crackers to coat our 'catch of the day'. It fries to a tasty golden brown and has become a campground favorite."
- 2 pounds haddock or cod fillets
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers (about 16 squares)
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltines (about 25 crackers)
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut fish into 1-in. cubes; secure with a toothpick if necessary. Combine cracker crumbs and seasoned salt in a shallow bowl; roll fish in crumb mixture until coated.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry nuggets, a few at a time, for 3 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Fish Nuggets in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review