Fish Italiano Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, wine, olives, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add fillets. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to serving plates; keep warm. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for about 4 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 233 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 975 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Fish Italiano
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.