I needed a new way to serve fish, so I came up with this recipe. My family thinks it's superb.
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in
- tomatoes, wine, olives, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to serving plates; keep
- warm. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for about 4 minutes or until it
- reaches desired thickness. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 233 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 975 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as