- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, wine, olives, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to serving plates; keep warm. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for about 4 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fish Italiano
Sort By :
This recipe was so easy and super tasty. I can't wait to share this recipe with all my favourite chefs.
wonderful, my 4 yr old even loved it.