- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, wine, olives, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add fillets. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to serving plates; keep warm. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for about 4 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fish Italiano in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p226
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Fish Italiano(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review