- 4 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups white wine or additional chicken broth
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound potato gnocchi (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown fish in 4-1/2 teaspoons oil for 2 minutes on each side. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until fish just turns opaque.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the broth, wine and tomatoes; bring just to a boil. Carefully add the asparagus, beans, gnocchi and rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Place fish in four serving bowls; spoon broth mixture over the top. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fish in Rosemary Broth in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p52
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Fish in Rosemary Broth
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review