This fish recipe is a favorite of folks here at our summer guest ranch. Family and friends also like the fact that it's nutritious as well as flavorful.—Bill Davis, Casper, Wyoming
- 1 halibut steak (6 ounces)
- 4 medium mushrooms
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemon slices
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup diet Mountain Dew
- Crushed pepper
- Place fish in the center of a 20-in. x 14-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Place mushrooms, tomatoes, lemon and green pepper around fish. Fold edges of oil up; pour soda over fish. Fold foil to seal tightly.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Fish in Foil in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish in Foil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review