Fish in Foil Recipe
- 1 halibut steak (6 ounces)
- 4 medium mushrooms
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemon slices
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup diet Mountain Dew
- Crushed pepper
- 1. Place fish in the center of a 20-in. x 14-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Place mushrooms, tomatoes, lemon and green pepper around fish. Fold edges of oil up; pour soda over fish. Fold foil to seal tightly.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 205 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable
Reviews for Fish in Foil
"We couldn't make out the flavor the Mountain Dew was supposed to add. Just tasted like baked halibut."
"Excellent but simple food without too much time."
""En Papillote", eh? Parchment paper leaves no metallic taste, although foil accomplishes the process."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.