Fish in Foil
This fish recipe is a favorite of folks here at our summer guest ranch. Family and friends also like the fact that it's nutritious as well as flavorful.Bill Davis, Casper, Wyoming
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 halibut steak (6 ounces)
- 4 medium mushrooms
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemon slices
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup diet Mountain Dew
- Crushed pepper
- Place fish in the center of a 20-in. x 14-in. piece of heavy-duty
- foil. Place mushrooms, tomatoes, lemon and green pepper around fish.
- Fold edges of oil up; pour soda over fish. Fold foil to seal
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with
- pepper. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 205 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon