- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds fish fillets (cod, whitefish, haddock, etc.)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients and mix well. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish, arrange the fillets with stuffing between them. Moisten paper towels with water; place over fish. Cook 9-11 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, rotating dish occasionally. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fish Fillets with Stuffing in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish Fillets with Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2014
"This is a great way to eat fish!"
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2011
"Terrific flavor, moist, delicious & buttery taste."