Fish Fillets with Citrus-Herb Butter Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup mixed dried herbs of your choice (chives, thyme, basil, dill weed)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound orange roughy, cod or haddock fillet
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine first eight ingredients; beat until blended. Shape half of the butter mixture into a log; wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Place remaining mixture in a microwave-safe bowl; heat 1-2 minutes or until melted.
- 2. Place fish fillets in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut butter log into slices; serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 510 calories, 46 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.