- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 pound cod, perch or haddock fillets
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, oregano and basil. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomato sauce and paste. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Place fillets in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish Fillets Italiano
"This is a farely easy meal to put together especially for a week night. For this recipe I used Classico's Sweet Basil pasta sauce as the pasta sauce which worked well. I did find there was a lot of extra sauce which I ended up tossing on cooked noddles as a side to this main. It coupled well with caesar salad. Thumbs up!"
"What a surprisingly delicious low calorie dish. Thanks for sharing."