Fish Fillets in Garlic Butter
This dish features seafood that's a mealtime mainstay in our home area. If fresh salmon isn't available where you live, other fish varieties will work just as well.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 4 fish fillets (about 6 ounces each) (salmon or whitefish or cod)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Lemon wedges
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic 1 minute.
- Place fish over garlic, cover and cook over low heat 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn fish; sprinkle with onions. Cover and continue to
- cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon over fish. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 132 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.