Fish Chowder Recipe
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 haddock, halibut or cod fillet (6 ounces)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute bacon and onion until tender. Add the water, potato, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; place fillet on top.
- 2. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Stir in milk and butter; heat through. Flake fish into pieces before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 320 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.