Fish Chowder Recipe
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 haddock, halibut or cod fillet (6 ounces)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute bacon and onion until tender. Add the water, potato, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; place fillet on top.
- 2. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Stir in milk and butter; heat through. Flake fish into pieces before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 320 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Fish Chowder
"I added 1 can clams for more flavor. Also added a little garlic. Soup was wonderful. I'm happy it only makes soup for two. It is easily doubled if I need more."
"This is the first fish chowder I have ever made. I used tilapia instead of the fish it called for and I added a little bit of garlic salt. My family ate it up!"