Fish and Veggies Primavera Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add fish and turn to coat. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in oil. Add the next seven ingredients; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes. Spoon over the fish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Cod or haddock fillets may be substituted for the orange roughy.
1 each: 232 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.