Fish and Veggies Primavera Recipe
"The most time-consuming thing about this recipe is chopping the vegetables-and that takes just seconds," notes Annette White of Whittier, California. Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots perk up her seafood entree, which goes from oven to table in less than half an hour.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add fish and turn to coat. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in oil. Add the next seven ingredients; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes. Spoon over the fish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fish and Veggies Primavera in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish and Veggies Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review