This traditional cooking technique imparts flavor into every bite of your meal, and it requires very little clean-up. I like to serve fish still wrapped in parchment or foil for each person to open. —Jill Anderson, Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1-1/2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine carrots, snow peas and green onions. Cut parchment paper or heavy-duty foil into four 18x12-in. pieces; place a fish fillet off center on each. Drizzle with lemon juice and top with carrot mixture. Sprinkle with seasonings; dot with butter.
- Fold parchment paper over fish. Bring edges of paper together on all sides and crimp to seal, forming a packet. Repeat for remaining packets. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fish & Vegetable Packets in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish & Vegetable Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review