- cream, chopped pickle, pickle juice and pepper. Refrigerate,
- covered, until serving.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. julienne strips. Rinse well and pat dry. In
- a large bowl, toss with oil, salt and pepper; transfer to a baking
- sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake on bottom oven rack 30-35
- minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning once.
- For fish, in a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion
- powder, salt and pepper. Place egg whites in a separate shallow
- bowl. Dip fish in egg whites, then in crumb mixture, patting to help
- coating adhere.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz fish
- with cooking spray. Bake on top oven rack 14-16 minutes or until
- fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve with fries, sour
- cream mixture and lemon wedges.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 402 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 667 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.