- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges
- Arrange one oven rack at lowest rack setting; place second rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix sour cream, chopped pickle, pickle juice and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. julienne strips. Rinse well and pat dry. In a large bowl, toss with oil, salt and pepper; transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake on bottom oven rack 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning once.
- For fish, in a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place egg whites in a separate shallow bowl. Dip fish in egg whites, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz fish with cooking spray. Bake on top oven rack 14-16 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve with fries, sour cream mixture and lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fish & Chips with Dipping Sauce
"Baked fish and chips-far healthier and not greasy but you don't need to tell anyone that. They will simply enjoy the dish because it's delicious."
"Delicious and easy to prepare."
"My husband and I love the panko breadcrumb coating, and the dipping sauce is delicious and a nice change from traditional tartar sauce. The meal is so quick and easy to make - definitely a keeper."
"Love this recipe! It's very easy - my son likes to make the dipping sauce. My whole family will eat this."
"One of the best fish and chips recipes ... The pickle dip is outstanding. The perfect compliment to the fish. And, its not bad for you."