- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for First Place Coconut Macaroons
Sort By :
"These came out perfect. They did not run, I even whipped the egg whites not knowing not to. I did use a silpat liner on my pan maybe that's why they didn't run? They are lovely morsels!! I did only get 14 cookies though. Will double next time."
"These were too sweet for me."
"Anyone looking for something quick and easy to do with those 2 yolks? Whisk them in a microwave-safe bowl, add a tiny drop or two of cooking sherry (optional) a knob of butter, a tbls or two of milk, whisk and microwave for 30 seconds; whisk again and microwave for another 15-20 seconds until the desired consistency is reached. On two halves of toasted, buttered muffin or bagel that makes a terrific breakfast or lunch for one. I've done it - you'll like it.The macaroons, by the way, are perfect and so quick and easy to make, I'll be having that scrambled egg with 2 yolks often. ?"
"These were awesome:)"
"These were great! I made them bigger than teaspoons and used rice flour to make them gluten free. They were so easy and tasty I am sure I will be making these again and again!"