First Place Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for First Place Coconut Macaroons(37)
Sort By :
Very easy and tasty, only substitution I made was to add almond extract in place of the vanilla, although next time I'll adjust the sugar to about a 1/4 cup.
I have made these several times and they are a hit every time. They are so easy to make and only once did I have to add an extra egg white and that could have been due to small eggs.
Simple and delicious
As a food blogger, my number one pet peeve is when somebody butchers my recipe by not following instructions and adding and substituting and then comes onto my blog and leaves a negative comment when it doesn't turn out.
If you follow this recipe exactly as written, and don't beat the egg whites, and don't add nuts and substitute things, it comes out five stars- a perfect macaroon.
I will say that I don't know in what alternate universe this makes 12 macaroons, because I doubled the recipe and still only got 10 out of it.
A real winner though, and I will make again.
Crispy little bites of deliciousness!
More Recipe Collections
- Coconut Cookies >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >