- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for First Place Coconut Macaroons
"Really easy to make and taste great. After I made the first batch my husband looked at me and said can you make more? He wanted less sugar in it this time cause he said it was too sweet."
"Yummy and supper easy to make. Will definitely make this recipe again!"
"Super easy! I melted semi sweet chocolate chips in microwave, then dipped bottoms of macaroons after they cooled.. Beautiful and taste like Mounds candy, but in a cookie."
"This is an accurate review. Made exactly as recipe was written. 5 stars!!!! Super easy to make and a fabulous tasting macaroon.This one is a keeper!!!!Thank you so much for this recipe. I can see why you won 1st place.Awesome!!!!"
"The first time I made this recipe It didn't come out too well then I discovered that the recipe has omitted a step. You have to beat the egg whites to a soft peak before you add them to the coconut, then the recipe came out great."