First Place Coconut Macaroons
THESE COOKIES earned me a first-place ribbon at the county fair. They remain my husband's favoriteswhenever I make them to give away, he always asks me where his batch is!
I especially like the fact that the recipe makes a small enough batch for the two of us to nibble on. Penny Ann Habeck
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in
- egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 macaroons equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.